While staying at the Claddagh Motel and Suites…
You’ll find numerous things to satisfy your interests. Just to name a few.
The area offers a wide variety of eateries, ranging from casual dining to fine cuisine, something to suit every taste.
- A day trip to one of the picturesque islands. Take your pick — Vinalhaven, North Haven, Islesboro, Monhegan, or Matinicus Island.
- A day sail on a classic schooner, leaving daily out of Camden, Rockland and Rockport Harbor.
- A windjammer cruise
around Penobscot Bay.
- For the more energetic, a trip to Camden State Park and a hike up Mount Battie.
- For golf lovers, the motel is within a 5-minute drive of two of the Midcoast’s favorite golf courses — the Rockland Golf course
(approx. 2.5 miles), at 606 Old Country Road and the Samoset Resort Golf Course
(approx. 1 mile) on Waldo Avenue.
- The area hosts a number of art museums, the most notable being The Farnsworth Museum, now with its new addition, the Wyeth Center. For automobile enthusiasts, The Owls Head Transportation Museum is a must.
- You might wish to plan your trip around one of Maine’s many fairs and festivals — among them, our local Maine Lobster Festival, North Atlantic Blues Festival, Union Fair
and Windjammer Weekend.
- Or just take a drive and enjoy some of Maine’s most breathtaking views of lighthouses — the Marshall Point, Breakwater
and Owls Head
lighthouses are within a few miles of Claddagh Motel and Suites.
- For those of you who love to shop, you’ll find numerous gift shops, department stores and a wide variety of antique stores in our area
- If you just want to take things easy, you could relax by our crystal-clear pool or spend a day at one of Maine’s most beautiful, unspoiled beaches, varying from the ruggedness to sandy shorelines, all of which are within close proximity to the Claddagh.